Purchase Deadline: Jan. 17, 2014
What you get:
- Welcome Reception — Friday, Feb. 7, 2014. Held at the luxurious Monte Carlo hotel in the heart of the Las Vegas strip, you’ll meet Hollywood producer and “King of the Pitch” Robert Kosberg and senior vice president of marketing at Author Solutions, Keith Ogorek. You’ll also have the chance to mingle with fellow authors.
- How-to-Pitch Workshop with Group Learning — Saturday, Feb. 8, 2014 (Morning). Robert Kosberg will teach you how to pitch your book. You’ll then break into groups and fine tune your approach face-to-face with your group leader.
- Speed-Pitch — Saturday, Feb. 8, 2014 (Afternoon). In a “speed dating” setting, you’ll pitch your idea to representatives from a variety of entertainment companies, all of whom are there hoping to discover the next great book that they can adapt for the screen.
- Author Interview Video — – Filmed either Saturday, Feb. 8, or Sunday, Feb. 9, 2014. We’ll film an interview with you and later create a short video for you to use in your book marketing efforts. Our events team will notify you of your specific filming time prior to the event.
- Writers Guild of America Idea Registration — We’ll register your book with the WGA to protect your unique concept.*
- Opportunity to Pitch to Tom Jacobson — If your pitch is voted one of the top two favorites of the event, we’ll arrange a video conference for you to pitch your idea directly to Tom Jacobson for consideration with his production company. Learn more about Tom Jacobson >>
What to expect at the Book-to-Screen PitchFest:
Prepare. Approximately one month prior to the event, you’ll receive a pre-event assignment that will help you develop and jumpstart the first draft of your pitch.
Welcome. On Friday, Feb. 7, you will meet onsite at the luxurious Monte Carlo hotel in Las Vegas.** You’ll be introduced to Robert Kosberg, known in Hollywood as one of the best idea men and producers in the business. You’ll also meet Keith Ogorek, senior vice president of marketing for Author Solutions.
Learn. On Saturday, Feb. 8, breakfast will be served prior to Kosberg’s “How-to-Pitch Your Book” presentation and workshop. You’ll learn practical pitching methods with step-by-step processes outlined by Kosberg.
Practice. At the end of Kosberg’s workshop, you will participate in the group Pitch Practice and will present to your group leader. Your group leader will provide tips to improve and perfect your strategy. You’ll also have the opportunity to learn from the feedback given to others.
Pitch. Lunch will be provided after your practice session. Following the lunch break, you will meet with representatives from a variety of agencies, studios, management, production and theatre companies at the Speed Pitch. You will present your rehearsed and refined pitch for approximately two minutes per company represented. If a rep is interested in your pitch, you will be informed a few weeks after the event that they’d like to read your book and/or schedule a follow-up meeting.
Opportunity. The entertainment representatives will vote on the top two pitches of the day. The selected authors will be given an exclusive opportunity to pitch via video conference to Tom Jacobson. After the event, we’ll schedule a video conference for you to deliver your idea directly to Tom Jacobson. Learn more about Tom Jacobson »
Wrap up. Kosberg will lead a closing review session to conclude the conference.
Feedback. Approximately two weeks after the conference, we will send you a feedback packet regarding how the various representatives responded to your pitch.
Film. On either Saturday, Feb. 8, or Sunday, Feb. 9, the footage for your 60 – 90 second Author Interview will be filmed at the hotel.*** This video will give potential readers a behind-the-scenes look at your book and the person behind your work. You can use this video as a unique promotional tool in your continued marketing efforts.
*Registering your work does not disallow others from having a similar storyline or theme. Rather, registering your work would potentially discourage others from using your work without your permission. Though the registry cannot prevent plagiarism, it can produce the registered material as well as confirm the date of registration. Registering your work creates legal evidence for the material that establishes a date for the material’s existence. Registration is good for five years.
**Author is responsible for the cost and arrangement of travel expenses, hotel, etc. In association with this event, you can get discounted rate per night on hotel rooms at the Monte Carlo for a limited time. Our Events Team will contact you with the details of how to get the discounted price.
Please note: It is solely at the discretion of the producers, agents, executives, etc., as to whether or not they are interested in authors’ pitch ideas, and they are under no obligation to pursue authors’ materials.
About Robert Kosberg
With years of experience, Kosberg has sold more than 50 feature film projects and currently has more than a dozen movies in active development at various studios. Kosberg’s credits as a producer include 12 Monkeys and Commando for 20th Century Fox. Kosberg currently has numerous feature projects set up at various studios involving top stars and directors such as Ben Stiller, Katherine Heigl, Todd Phillips, Shawn Levy and more. He recently produced My One and Only, starring Renee Zellweger. Kosberg is frequently invited to host pitch seminars all over the world. His unique background has led to extensive profiles on his life by numerous national media outlets including GQ, LA Times, London Times, Details, The Adam Corolla Show, LA Magazine and Entertainment Weekly.
Quick Facts | Book-to-Screen PitchFest Las Vegas 2014 with Video
Are you ready to show Hollywood what you and your book are made of? Don’t miss out on this glamorous opportunity to launch your book into the limelight. There are only 150 spots available, and spots will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
Call your Xlibris representative at 0800-056-3182 to claim your spot today.
Original post via Xlibris Book Publishing UK http://www.xlibrispublishing.co.uk/Book-to-Screen-PitchFest-Las-Vegas-2014-with-video.aspx
|Writing A Book?
Call 1-888-795-4274 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for your free consultation. Get Started today by requesting your Free Editing Guide.